Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment into the first 3 layers of skin in hair like strokes in the brows using a sharp tool. Microblading has quickly become one of the most popular treatments in semi-permanent makeup, and with good cause. It lasts up to 3 years! One of the most tiring tasks in a woman’s daily struggle is her makeup routine. We live in a world where we have to make ourselves presentable and personify beauty and what woman doesn’t want to look and feel beautiful? Regardless, having to sit in front of a mirror and “put on your face” every time you want to leave the house becomes tiring, even more so for those who lack brow hair and have to fill in their brows regularly. Microblading is the time saving solution for every woman! Ivy Laser Salon and its head microblading artist, Neena Jay, pioneered microblading in the Las Vegas area and we have some do’s and don’ts we would like to share with you before you decide to take the plunge into the hottest new trend in cosmetics!
- Do your research when choosing a microblading artist. Remember, this is your face you’re trusting in the hands of another person. We have seen many people take a 2 day course in microblading and immediately start taking on clients by themselves. Not only is this illegal (since the apprenticeship for microblading is a required 6 months) but you’re trusting your brows to an inexperienced person likely taught but another inexperienced person! All microblading artists at Ivy Laser Salon have been personally taught by and apprenticed under our master microblading artist, Neena Jay. Make sure to check the artists before and after pics! And remember, you get what you pay for!
- Do take the time to schedule a consultation with a microblading artist. They will do a wonderful job of explaining exactly what you’re going to experience in the actual session and help you decide the shape of your brows that best compliments your facial features
- Do take the time to read through the pre/post-care and contradiction paperwork we give you before your appointment. Following them will ensure the best results. If you do not follow the instructions we will refuse service for safety concerns!
- Do tell us of any medication or underlying medical issues you may have. Certain medications compromise the integrity of the skin or the blood. Certain medical issues can complicate the healing process of microblading.
- Do give up to 4 weeks for the microblading to heal after treatment. This means no dirt, sweat, or picking scabs!
- Don’t take any blood thinners.
- Don’t take any anti inflammatory medicines like advil, aleve, motrin, aspirin, or excedrin.
- Don’t take any oil supplements like fish oil, vitamin e oil, or primrose oil.
- Don’t take any magnesium.
- Don’t consume any alcohol, caffeine, or nicotine as it will interrupt the healing process.
- Don’t take any over the counter herbs without consulting with your microblading artist.
- Don’t use any acidic lotions or topicals. They are found in most makeup and skin care products. Any topical products that contain mineral oils, retinol, AHA, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid should be avoided.
- Don’t get microblading done if you have any of the following conditions: Diabetes, pregnancy, cancer (though we will happily take you when you are in remission), are a smoker/drinker and are not willing to stop for 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after, Keloid scarring (test spot required), and vitiligo.
- Don’t get microblading done if you are on accutane, antibiotics, or iron supplements.
- Don’t get microlbading done if you have a open wound in the treatment area.
- Don’t get microblading if you have excessive sebum or oily skin.
- Don’t get microblading if you plan on or are obligated to sweat or wet the treatment area until the wound closes.
- Most importantly, DO NOT LIE TO YOUR MICROBLADING ARTIST ABOUT ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS!
We hope that this list of do’s and don’ts helps you make an informed decision about whether or not microblading is right for you.
Please feel free to call us at 702-685-1849 to book your microblading appointment today!
Ivy laser Salon
6125 S Fort Apache Rd #204
Las Vegas, NV 89148
Conveniently located on Fort Apache between Sunset and Russell in the south west.